In 2020, we launched our National Elf Service appeal to help make a difference to children, teenagers and elderly people staying in hospitals over the festive period.
Supporters of the appeal included:
- Five year old, Elf Matilda who helped us kick-start the appeal walking across the Humber Bridge to buy gifts for children, and both young people and teenage cancer patients. Matilda put her own pocket money towards her donation.
- Springfield Steel Buildings and Springfield Cleaning Services supported the most vulnerable patients including children and young people cared for at the Anlaby Suite, older people and Covid patients.
- Hull Kingston Rovers traditionally visit children on the wards at Hull Hospitals and they were determined they were not forgotten making a donation to buy gifts for wards/departments which will bring joy to many patients both now and in the future.
- Staff across the Hospitals have also embraced the appeal, including the “Elfoscopy Department” staff, who held their own WISHH Charity National Elf Service Day. It was so well received they are repeating it for Christmas Eve.
- Members of the public, Hospital gardeners and many more who have kindly donated – thank you all!
Thanks to the kind generosity of all of our supporters, we were able to purchase toys, toiletries and other gifts for patients. We hope that this year’s National Elf Service appeal can be even bigger and better than the last!